About Rock City Gardens
Located atop Lookout Mountain in Georgia just six miles from downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee, Rock City Gardens is an enchanted, 4,100-foot walking trail showcasing soaring rock formations, caves and lush gardens. Nearly a half million people from all over the world visit this natural attraction each year.
- 60 to 90-minute, self-guided walking tour along The Enchanted Trail that gently meanders through the 14-acre property.
- Massive rock formations estimated to be 200 million years old
- Gardens featuring more than 400 different species of native wildflowers, plants, shrubs and trees.
- Panoramic views of seven states from 1,700 feet above sea level
- View of the Chattanooga Valley and Missionary Ridge-Civil War battlefields
- Some points of interest along The Enchanted Trail include:
- 100-foot waterfall
- 1,000-ton balanced rock
- Swing-A-Long Bridge (ideal for pictures)
- Legendary view of seven states from Lover's Leap
- Fairyland Caverns and Mother Goose Village
Mission Statement"Create memories worth repeating for our guests and partners"
Vision StatementCreated by God and enhanced by man, Rock City is a unique geological and botanical wonder. Located on the precipices of Lookout Mountain, this scenic, natural attraction offers people of all ages an opportunity to experience enchanting beauty as they adventure along a nature trail.This mountain top experience is developed sensitively with care to preserve natural wonders, to provide access into a strange and unusual environment, and to furnish top-notch services to the visiting public. Designed by the daughter of German immigrants and promoted by an ingenious entrepreneur, Rock City remains a national treasure of botanical, geological, and entrepreneurial significance.
This fantastic place provides a fanciful experience that lightens the heart, soothes the soul, exhilarates the mind, and invigorates the senses.
Green Way ForwardRock City Gardens: Doing our part to find our world's Green Way Forward. With a multi-faceted focus, Rock City Gardens commits to the pursuit of a holistic approach to sustainability. Our Green Way Forward orients our company toward four ongoing objectives: The Fundamentals, Cultivation of our Local Place, Education, and Best Practices. Read more about their Green Way Forward.All information courtesy of SeeRockCity.com